CEC Childbirth Education Course
Unbiased Childbirth Education for Families & Birth Support Advocates
According to the American Pregnancy Association:
- Childbirth classes help build your confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
- You can discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
- Your partner will learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big day. You may find that attending childbirth classes together will create a special bond.
- Your instructor will discuss pain relief options, including massage, relaxation, breathing techniques, and meditations.
- Stages of pregnancy
- Stages of labor
- Signs of labor progression
- Group B strep: What to expect if you test positive
- Effacement, Dilation & Station
- Fetal Positioning & The Miles Circuit
- Reflexology & labor
- Importance of nutrition and movement
- Spontaneous rupture of membranes: What to do if this happens first
- When to go to the hospital
- Typical hospital admission process
- Everything you need to know about epidurals
- The role of hormones in labor & postpartum
- The Three Rs
- Methods for coping with labor pain
- Tools for strengthening a positive attitude about your birth
- Intro to various interventions & how to decide if they are necessary for you
- B.R.A.I.N. - how to use it!
- Importance of doulas & labor companions
- What to expect in the hours, days, weeks and months postpartum
- Baby care tips
- Exceptional supporting resources
Megan Ridge Morris, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP, CD, is a co-owner of ChildLight. She is the author/creator of ChildLight’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (also a Registered Prenatal Yoga School / RPYS). She brings her expertise off the mat as a Certified Doula. In addition, she facilitates the ChildLight Yoga for Babies & Toddlers Teacher Training. Megan discovered yoga in 2006 as an acting intern after graduating from Bloomsburg University with a degree in Theatre Arts. She's been studying yoga for over a decade and teaching as a full-time, professional yoga teacher since 2008. Megan completed a 500-hour teacher training through The Yoga Loft of Bethlehem and has been a co-teacher of their 200-hour teacher training program since 2009. She specializes in teaching yoga to beginners, expecting moms, babies and toddlers. She lives in Bethlehem, PA with her husband and two children.