Gentle Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Learn how to teach a comprehensive, well-rounded Gentle Yoga class. This specialty training focuses on the needs of the 65+ population, though, the sequences offered are applicable to all age groups interested in practicing yoga in a gentle & mindful way. This 15-hour training includes:
- Yoga postures & mindfulness practices that support the aging process
- Sequences in bed rest yoga, chair yoga, and gentle yoga in a studio setting
- Brain activities to enhance your classes and support seniors’ mental health
- How to gain buy-in at yoga studios, retirement communities, assisted living centers, eldercare facilities, private students, home settings, senior centers, etc.
This training offers continuing education hours for those registered with the Yoga Alliance.
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School (RYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 15 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Proof of Attendance issued at the end of the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Megan Morris, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
Props / Environment Recommended for Practice:
- Ability to put the short edge of a yoga mat up against a wall, free of clutter.
- Two or three blankets.
- Folding chair or desk chair.
- Whatever is desired for a comfortable rest in Savasana (ex: eye pillow, bolster, additional blankets, etc.)
Megan Ridge Morris, E-RYT 500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP, CD, is a co-owner of ChildLight Education Company. She is the author/creator of ChildLight’s Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (also a Registered Prenatal Yoga School / RPYS) and Gentle Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training. She brings her expertise off the mat as a Certified Doula. In addition, she facilitates ChildLight’s Yoga for Babies & Toddlers Teacher Training and is a contributor to the Baby Yoga Lesson Plan, Toddler Yoga Lesson Plan & Preschool/PreK-G5 curriculum packs. Megan discovered yoga in 2006 as an acting intern after graduating from Bloomsburg University with a degree in Theatre Arts. She’s been studying yoga ever since and has been a professional yoga teacher since 2008. Megan specializes in teaching yoga to beginners, seniors, expectant parents, babies and toddlers. She lives in Hellertown, PA with her husband and two young children.