Introduction to Trauma Informed Yoga & Mindfulness for Youth
A Self-Paced Workshop for Anyone Working with Youth
What You Will Learn In This Course:
- Definitions of Yoga & Mindfulness
- A brief overview of trauma
- How Yoga & Mindfulness can support youth who have experienced trauma
- Trauma impact, prevalence, responses, triggers and symptoms
- How yoga can help youth who have experienced trauma
- Introduction to ACES Inventory
- How to make our classes safe and welcoming
- Trauma informed teaching tips and language
- Self Care and Empowerment through trauma informed yoga & mindfulness practices
- Sample practices
- Resources for further learning
***All of our online courses are taught by E-RYTs and offer Yoga Alliance noncontact hours.
Rochelle Jewell, E-RYT, C-IAYT is an International Association of Yoga Therapists certified yoga therapist, Kripalu Certified Yoga teacher and personal trainer with 20 years of experience serving others through yoga. She is dedicated to sharing with individuals of all abilities, including survivors of trauma and those who have been diagnosed with a variety of disabilities. Rochelle is author/co-creator of the ChildLight Yoga & Mindfulness for Children and Teens with Diverse Abilities Training, the Trauma Informed Yoga & Mindfulness for Youth Workshop and the founder of My OmAbilities Yoga. Rochelle was a 2016 Fellow with the NH LEND Program, which included 300 hours of graduate level, interdisciplinary, leadership training in developmental disabilities. She is founder and president of SATYA: Seacoast Area Teachers of Yoga in Action, a 501c3, which brings yoga to at-risk and vulnerable populations. Rochelle works with students and families in private settings and leads group classes for children, teens and adults with specific needs. Rochelle is passionate about making yoga accessible to all, meeting her students where they are and providing tools which allow them to thrive.