Journey Through the Labyrinth
A Mental Health Reset Tool
A Labyrinth is a right brain activity commonly used for mindfulness meditation. It is a meandering, non-branching path leading to the center and back out the same way, with only one entry and exit point. The route may feel long and complicated but unlike a maze, the journey has a specific beginning and end mirroring life.
During this two-hour experiential workshop, we discuss the history, meaning, varieties and benefits of this ancient mindfulness tool. We create and traverse several variations while learning tools and tips to share with all populations in various settings.
Completion of this workshop allows for 2 contact hours and 1 non-contact hour toward Yoga Alliance Continuing Education.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Clearly define the difference between a maze and a labyrinth
- Share the history, benefits and guidelines
- Adapt and relate a labyrinth journey according to population and setting including the classroom
- At minimum, create a five and seven circuit labyrinth using a variety of materials
- Easily find and share additional resources for continued learning