Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Teach yoga and mindfulness for children ages 2-12+ years! A passion for yoga and a love for children is at the core of this training. This comprehensive Yoga Alliance approved children’s teacher training program is incredibly fun and interactive, designed to provide adult yoga practitioners with the tools and knowledge needed to share the gifts of yoga and mindfulness with youth.
Whether you are seeking to incorporate what you learn into your current work with children, or looking to teach yoga to children as a career, our team of knowledgeable trainers will provide you with the information and inspiration necessary to begin doing so immediately. Participants will finish the course with a variety of sample lesson plans as part of the overall training manual.
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 18 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Colleen Smith, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
- Certification Eligibility is possible after viewing all recordings and sending in all homework assignments. Certification includes completion of an open-book exam and teaching of three children's yoga community classes.
- Anyone who completes all required training hours and successfully completes the certification process will be listed as a “ChildLight Certified Children's Yoga & Mindfullness Instructor” on our Certified Instructor Directory on our website.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).