Y&M for Children: Advanced Teaching Concepts Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Take your teaching of kids’ yoga to the next level with our Yoga & Mindfulness for Children: Advanced Teaching Concepts training. Instructors who seek to build and strengthen their skills for teaching yoga & mindfulness to children ages 2 – 15 will delve deeper into their techniques for teaching, while learning dozens of new activities. Gain inspiration and uncover a teaching path that is true to you during this experiential lab-oriented training.
This advanced training is open to anyone who has previously completed our Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training and all hours count toward our Registered Children’s Yoga School
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 18 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course. This training as a self-paced option requires submission of a video recording of you teaching a complete lesson plan just as the otherstudents do during the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Meg Durkin, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
- Certification Eligibility is possible after viewing all recordings and sending in all homework assignments. Certification includes completion of an open-book exam and teaching of three children's yoga community classes.
- Anyone who completes all required training hours and successfully completes the certification process will be listed as a “ChildLight Certified Children's Yoga & Mindfullness Advanced Teaching Concepts Instructor” on our Certified Instructor Directory on our website.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).