Yoga & Mindfulness for Athletes Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
According to the Urban Dictionary, the definition of an athlete is “An individual who participates in sports characterized by dedication, focus, intelligence and work ethic.” The benefits of participation in athletics are many, however specialization in a single sport at a young age may lead to an increased risk of injury and unnecessary psychological stress.
Created by two experienced yogis who share a variety of best practices for integrating yoga and mindfulness into a training regimen. This introductory one-day training includes group discussion, facilitated brainstorming, and a sampling of yoga and mindfulness practices for athletes. Materials will include anatomy-focused lesson plans appropriate for sports teams and individualized athletic practices and training sessions. Practical tools will be presented in both lecture and experiential formats.
Your purchase includes eight contact hours with your lead trainer, Ann Biese, via recorded zoom meetings, an illustrated manual filled with dozens of unique yoga-inspired activities, lesson planner, sample lessons, continuing education suggestions, and a list of additional resources!
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- Eight contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Ann Biese, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).
Ann Biese, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, RCYT, MBSR-T, YACEP, is an international Yoga Instructor and Teacher Trainer for ChildLight Education Company. She is also a Mindfulness and Meditation Specialist in pediatric settings, including Tufts Floating Hospital for Children in Boston, and has taught MBSR and yoga to various youth groups and teen athletes across the country. She has been a featured speaker on meditation and mindfulness in hospitals. Ann is also the author of the award-winning children's book Worry Bee and Mindful Moon. She enjoys volunteering as an instructor for Go Give Yoga and was featured in North Shore Magazine for her volunteer work in Massachusetts. View Ann's video bio on the ChildLight's YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/i_-AFd8pjIY In her time off the mat, Ann enjoys her family and pets, as well as volunteering at an equine rescue farm.