Yoga & Mindfulness for Diverse Abilities Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Regardless of our challenges, each human being is uniquely able to develop greater body awareness, physical and mental strength and well-being. Learn how the practice of yoga can benefit youth with a wide range of diagnoses and physical and developmental and learning challenges such as Trauma, Anxiety and Depression, ADD, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorders, Autism, Cerebral Palsy and Down Syndrome.
In our Yoga & Mindfulness for Diverse Abilities training, you will learn developmentally appropriate tools, breathing and relaxation techniques to facilitate individualized, group and family programs, as well as posture modifications using chairs and other props. Effective methods for encouraging cooperation, building community and developing social skills will be shared. Participants will focus on creating lesson plans and teaching in a variety of contexts.
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 18 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Larissa Noto, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
- Certification Eligibility is possible after viewing all recordings and sending in all homework assignments. Certification includes completion of an open-book exam and teaching of three children's yoga community classes.
- Anyone who completes all required training hours and successfully completes the certification process will be listed as a “ChildLight Certified Yoga & Mindfullness for Diverse Abilities Instructor” on our Certified Instructor Directory on our website.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).