Yoga & Mindfulness in Schools Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Do you find yourself asking, “As a children’s yoga teacher, how do I bring what I learned through ChildLight into the schools?” Our Yoga & Mindfulness in Schools training has the answers! Let the creators of ChildLight Education Company teach you everything we know about bringing yoga and mindfulness education into elementary, middle and high schools.
Become empowered to share your gifts in a variety of school contexts including during or after school enrichment programs, PE classes, health fairs, specials, field day, and the classroom setting. You will learn best practices for contacting schools and gaining support for implementation, adapting your teaching and language for the school environment, ensuring inclusivity, modifying for space constraints, managing large groups, lesson planning, business tips and tools, practice teaching and much more.
This training is open to anyone who has previously completed our Yoga & Mindfulness for Children Teacher Training and all hours count toward our Registered Children’s Yoga School
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 18 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course. This training as a self-paced option requires submission of a video recording of you teaching a complete lesson plan just as the other students do during the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Meg Durkin, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
- Certification Eligibility is possible after viewing all recordings and sending in all homework assignments. Certification includes completion of an open-book exam and teaching of three children's yoga community classes.
- Anyone who completes all required training hours and successfully completes the certification process will be listed as a “ChildLight Certified Yoga & Mindfulness In Schools Instructor” on our Certified Instructor Directory on our website.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).
Meg Durkin Vyas, MS, E-RYT, RCYT is a ChildLight Education Company Teacher Trainer, Yoga 4 Classrooms® Trainer and founder of Mindfulness with Meg. She teaches the Yoga & Mindfulness for Children training, Yoga & Mindfulness in the Preschool Classroom workshop, Yoga & Mindfulness in Schools training, and onsite professional development workshops. Meg coauthored the Yoga & Mindfulness in Schools Teacher Training manual and writes articles on the topic of yoga and mindfulness for children and in schools for local media outlets. Meg also works extensively with educators, parents and children promoting stress reduction, nutrition, movement and mindfulness starting at a young age as a foundation for success at home, school and in life. In addition to being a registered adult and child yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance, Meg has studied MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine with Jon Kabat-Zinn and is also a certified health coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She holds a BA from Middlebury College and a Master in Library and Information Science from Simmons College. Meg lives in Chelmsford, MA with her husband and four children.