Yoga & Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens Teacher Training
Self-Paced Learning with Live Support
Stress and anxiety in adolescents have reached epidemic levels while a growing body of evidence suggests the practice of yoga and mindfulness can help provide tweens and teens with the ability to cope with the stressors of their daily lives. Our inspiring and transformative Yoga & Mindfulness for Teens and Tweens Teacher Training provides tools and best practices for supporting youth between the developmental ages of 10-18 years (Grade 5 and up).
Participants will learn about the science of the teenage brain and how mindful movement, breathing practices, community building games, “mat chats” and more, can support pre and adolescents in developing self-awareness, emotional resilience, healthy body image, positive thinking and compassion while providing them with skills and tools for lifelong well-being. Leave this training empowered to make a significant difference in the lives of tweens and teens!
Enroll in this course here via the "Register" dropdown menu.
Overview & Perks of our Self-Paced Program:
- ChildLight is a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS).
- 2-Months of Access to a previous virtual training video recording from the date of enrollment and lifetime access to all manuals and materials.
- 18 contact hours with a lead trainer. Videos recordings include lecture, discussion and prompts to do individual work.
- Homework Assignments will be emailed to us upon completion of the course.
- Option to purchase a live virtual mentorship session with your trainer, Ann Biese, after completion of the course ($1/minute). This meeting is designed to offer you support and the opportunity to discuss any questions you have about the content covered in the course.
- Certification Eligibility is possible after viewing all recordings and sending in all homework assignments. Certification includes completion of an open-book exam and teaching of three tween/teen community classes.
- Anyone who completes all required training hours and successfully completes the certification process will be listed as a “ChildLight Certified Tween & Teen Yoga & Mindfulness Instructor” on our Certified Instructor Directory on our website.
Teachers can register as a RCYT if they have successfully completed both a 200-hour yoga teacher training program and an 95-hour children's yoga training—in either order—that are registered with Yoga Alliance. Applicants must submit 30 teaching hours in children's yoga which must be performed after completing a program with a RCYS (Registered Children's Yoga School).
Ann Biese, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, RCYT, MBSR-T, YACEP, is an international Yoga Instructor and Teacher Trainer for ChildLight Education Company. She is also a Mindfulness and Meditation Specialist in pediatric settings, including Tufts Floating Hospital for Children in Boston, and has taught MBSR and yoga to various youth groups and teen athletes across the country. She has been a featured speaker on meditation and mindfulness in hospitals. Ann is also the author of the award-winning children's book Worry Bee and Mindful Moon. She enjoys volunteering as an instructor for Go Give Yoga and was featured in North Shore Magazine for her volunteer work in Massachusetts. View Ann's video bio on the ChildLight's YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/i_-AFd8pjIY In her time off the mat, Ann enjoys her family and pets, as well as volunteering at an equine rescue farm.